Everybody at Once (EA1) is a small, growing, fun, bootstrapped company founded in 2013, renowned for strategic audience development and social media strategy with the most interesting brands in media and entertainment. We manage and support a wide range of fandom initiatives. We are currently a team of 9 full-time staff (plus a handful of collaborators) based in the Lower East Side. We are all passionate about fan communities, animated gifs, and poptarts.
We are seeking curious, hard working, excited, and efficient interns to join our team in New York ASAP.
For this role, you will:
- Create images and gifs in Photoshop.
- Cut videos for gifs, segments, and Vines.
- Assemble posts for Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook/Instagram/SnapChat/Vine, and other emerging social platforms.
- Actively search for fan community content and add appropriate posts to brand queues.
- Assist with social campaigns such as giveaways, clearances for fan content and events.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
The best candidate will be:
- Fluent in the Adobe CS Suite, especially Photoshop and Final Cut, or some equivalent.
- Experienced in making and/or editing gifs, images, and videos.
- An active participant in social media (ideally on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and/or Vine), and knowledgeable of the platform communities and cultures.
- Knowledgeable about fan communities.
- An actual fan of things!
- Excellent at internet research and search.
- Very organized.
- Proactive. A go-getter. Someone who dives in and asks questions.
- Excellent at written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player.
Candidates must be available for 10-20 hours, M-F, between the hours of 10:00am-6:00pm.
To be considered for this position, please send the following to email@example.com with “Spring and/or Summer 2016 Internship” in the Subject Line.
- A cover letter outlining why you are a great fit for this position. Please include relevant experience and skillsets, as well as what your favorite t.v. show is and why.
- Any/all social handles.
Please note, this is a paid internship.
Everybody at Once is seeking a paid (yep, we said paid!) Marketing and Communications Intern to work with some of the best media and entertainment brands in the industry. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and well organized go getter with 2 - 3 years of college experience or beyond, who is majoring in marketing, communications, journalism, digital media, and/or social media.
You should be an incredibly strong writer and analytic thinker. You notice the unnoticed and can make a story out of whatever information is at hand. You can strategize years in advance, and recognize how the decisions you make today will impact the future. You love explaining what others might not see in a simple way, and you live for positive feedback but don’t worry about making mistakes. You also enjoy all types of media, whether it’s that weird cat video your friend sent, Netflix, indie films, or Youtube.
The position is based in New York City, and will require you to come our our office or our clients’ office at least twice a week for a minimum of 10 - 12 hours.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Marketing for Everybody at Once (EA1), the Marketing and Communications
- Work with the Director of Marketing to write, edit, and prepare weekly toplevel client reports.
- Help with business development initiatives including potential new proposal and presentation writing and editing.
- Research, analyze, and interpret social media analytics into insights and actionable suggestions.
- Help develop paid social media copy and strategy.
Everybody at Once is a consultancy based in NYC and LA that specializes in audience development and social strategy for media, entertainment, and sports. Our work is built around our core philosophy that the audience has an audience and our understanding that the most effective campaigns capture and direct fan energy towards brand goals while enabling fans to become better fans. We love to have fun, and promise you’ll learn more than you know what to do with. This is a great opportunity for someone to break into the entertainment and television marketing space.
Send us a note on why you think you’d make a great fit at EA1, writing examples or reports, any past experience in social and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everybody at Once is seeking an Audience Strategist to run some of the best media and entertainment brands in the industry. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and well-organized go-getter with at least 5-6 years experience in social media planning, strategy, execution, and management for a brand that has both strong original editorial content and measurable organic volume. They will have an understanding of industry best practices and the drive to innovate and invent some of their own. They will have experience working on a team and with client communications. The will be proactive, quick on their feet, and a problem solver.
Everybody at Once is a consultancy based in NYC and LA that specializes in audience development and social strategy for media, entertainment, and sports. Our work is built around our core philosophy that the audience has an audience and our understanding that the most effective campaigns capture and direct fan energy towards brand goals while enabling fans to become better fans.
Take a look at the full text of the Audience Strategist job description below. If you meet the requirements and the job feels exciting to you, send us a note on why you think you’d make a great fit at EA1, links to examples of your past experience in social media brand management, and a resume to email@example.com.
Role & Responsibilities
The Social Media Audience Strategist is responsible for developing and executing social media campaigns, audience development, and content creation. They will oversee and/or implement the execution of social media strategies that build both brand awareness and audience affinity on major and emerging social media platforms. Collaborating with a staff of social media and audience development experts, they will be responsible for:
- Strategic development and execution for campaigns and brands
- Execution of creative audience development for campaigns and brands
- Management of audience development projects, both internal and client facing
Strategy Development and Execution for Campaigns and Brands
The Social Media Audience Strategist is responsible for the development and execution of high level content marketing, community building, and brand awareness planning that gather audience around a content release or a brand. Strategies should be based on the client or creator’s business and/or marketing goals. The audience strategist will:
- Be responsible for strategic and execution deadlines.
- Understand the patterns and behaviors of their audiences.
- Adjust strategies, as needed, based on audience response, shifts in client or internal strategies, or budgets.
- Be knowledgeable, and up-to-date, on the ins and outs of online communities, fandoms, how audiences develop, and what is currently relevant online.
Execution of Creative Audience Development for Campaigns and Brands
The Audience Strategist is responsible for creating and/or overseeing the content, campaigns, social messaging, and customer service for owned social media handles. The Audience Strategist is responsible for aligning their work with a brand’s overall marketing strategy as determined by EA1 in conjunction with the client. This content should reflect the Social Media Audience Strategist’s understanding of programming, audience sentiment, and brand goals.
Some examples of Content Creation and Campaign Execution are: - Creation of gifs, stills, or other assets from show content that highlight major elements or big moments. - Participation Campaigns with fans (i.e. Contests, giveaways, fan art prompts) - Engaging with talent and crew on social. - Live Tweeting/Tumblring and engagement during broadcast.
The Social Media Audience Strategist is expected to publish and interact with fans during hours that the audience is most active.
Management of Audience Development for Campaigns and Brands
The Audience Strategist works with the Director of Social Media, the Director of Marketing, and/or the Project Manager to manage, execute, and refine internal and client facing processes, documentation, organization, communication, and client relations of a campaign or brand social plan. They will be responsible for providing consistent updates on how social is performing on each platform, and on the progress of client, show, and project objectives.
We’re looking for someone with experience in managing social media campaigns for a national or global brand, preferably in media and entertainment.
- Experience in creating and publishing content for major social media platforms.
- Experience working collaboratively with social media, communications, and marketing staff(s).
- Experience coordinating or covering events in real time for Social Media.
- High-level experience with current digital content creation tools and collaborative workflow apps (Adobe CS, video editing, Google Docs, MS Office, Slack, digital cameras).
- Experience in using native social media analytics to understand content and/or campaign performance.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time and to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems independently when given sufficient resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to deal with diverse personalities and move a project forward.
- Ability to absorb, use, and communicate best practices for major platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, Vine.)
- Ability to reflect brand voice and tone in written editorial and visual content.
- Proven ability to grow a meaningful following on major social media platforms.
- Excellent writing skills.
If you share our passion for building audiences and working with some of the best brands in the industry, please send us a note sharing why you think you’d make a great fit at EA1, examples of your past experience in social, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.