Social Media Audience Strategist
Everybody at Once is seeking an Audience Strategist to run some of the best media and entertainment brands in the industry. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and well-organized go-getter with at least 5-6 years experience in social media planning, strategy, execution, and management for a brand that has both strong original editorial content and measurable organic volume. They will have an understanding of industry best practices and the drive to innovate and invent some of their own. They will have experience working on a team and with client communications. The will be proactive, quick on their feet, and a problem solver.
Everybody at Once is a consultancy based in NYC and LA that specializes in audience development and social strategy for media, entertainment, and sports. Our work is built around our core philosophy that the audience has an audience and our understanding that the most effective campaigns capture and direct fan energy towards brand goals while enabling fans to become better fans.
Take a look at the full text of the Audience Strategist job description below. If you meet the requirements and the job feels exciting to you, send us a note on why you think you’d make a great fit at EA1, links to examples of your past experience in social media brand management, and a resume to email@example.com.
Role & Responsibilities
The Social Media Audience Strategist is responsible for developing and executing social media campaigns, audience development, and content creation. They will oversee and/or implement the execution of social media strategies that build both brand awareness and audience affinity on major and emerging social media platforms. Collaborating with a staff of social media and audience development experts, they will be responsible for:
- Strategic development and execution for campaigns and brands
- Execution of creative audience development for campaigns and brands
- Management of audience development projects, both internal and client facing
Strategy Development and Execution for Campaigns and Brands
The Social Media Audience Strategist is responsible for the development and execution of high level content marketing, community building, and brand awareness planning that gather audience around a content release or a brand. Strategies should be based on the client or creator’s business and/or marketing goals. The audience strategist will:
- Be responsible for strategic and execution deadlines.
- Understand the patterns and behaviors of their audiences.
- Adjust strategies, as needed, based on audience response, shifts in client or internal strategies, or budgets.
- Be knowledgeable, and up-to-date, on the ins and outs of online communities, fandoms, how audiences develop, and what is currently relevant online.
Execution of Creative Audience Development for Campaigns and Brands
The Audience Strategist is responsible for creating and/or overseeing the content, campaigns, social messaging, and customer service for owned social media handles. The Audience Strategist is responsible for aligning their work with a brand’s overall marketing strategy as determined by EA1 in conjunction with the client. This content should reflect the Social Media Audience Strategist’s understanding of programming, audience sentiment, and brand goals.
Some examples of Content Creation and Campaign Execution are: - Creation of gifs, stills, or other assets from show content that highlight major elements or big moments. - Participation Campaigns with fans (i.e. Contests, giveaways, fan art prompts) - Engaging with talent and crew on social. - Live Tweeting/Tumblring and engagement during broadcast.
The Social Media Audience Strategist is expected to publish and interact with fans during hours that the audience is most active.
Management of Audience Development for Campaigns and Brands
The Audience Strategist works with the Director of Social Media, the Director of Marketing, and/or the Project Manager to manage, execute, and refine internal and client facing processes, documentation, organization, communication, and client relations of a campaign or brand social plan. They will be responsible for providing consistent updates on how social is performing on each platform, and on the progress of client, show, and project objectives.
We’re looking for someone with experience in managing social media campaigns for a national or global brand, preferably in media and entertainment.
- Experience in creating and publishing content for major social media platforms.
- Experience working collaboratively with social media, communications, and marketing staff(s).
- Experience coordinating or covering events in real time for Social Media.
- High-level experience with current digital content creation tools and collaborative workflow apps (Adobe CS, video editing, Google Docs, MS Office, Slack, digital cameras).
- Experience in using native social media analytics to understand content and/or campaign performance.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time and to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems independently when given sufficient resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to deal with diverse personalities and move a project forward.
- Ability to absorb, use, and communicate best practices for major platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, Vine.)
- Ability to reflect brand voice and tone in written editorial and visual content.
- Proven ability to grow a meaningful following on major social media platforms.
- Excellent writing skills.
If you share our passion for building audiences and working with some of the best brands in the industry, please send us a note sharing why you think you’d make a great fit at EA1, examples of your past experience in social, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.